In line with COVID-19 Public Health Orders, the committee of Sandon Point SLSC is responsible to manage the risk to our members, staff and other people in accordance with Work Health and Safety laws. Our Club is in the process of registering as a ‘COVID Safe Business. To show our commitment to COVID safety and keeping our community safe, part of the clubs responsibility is to register as a ‘COVID- Safe Business and to inform our members and visitors how to slow the spread of COVID-19 and reassure that they can safely visit our Club. The plan has the following focus areas for our committee and members to abide by.
Wellbeing of members, staff and other people.
- Do not come to Sandon Point SLSC if unwell with respiratory symptoms or fever. Please get tested if you have any symptoms.
- Please adhere to the signage in the club regarding social distancing and the number of people allowed in the club at one time.
- Any members or guests who are unwell will be excluded from the Club.
- Please read the COVID- 19 Safety messages displayed with in the Club.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Wash hands before and after touching things.
- Avoid sharing frequently touched items.
- Avoid sharing food and drinks.
- Use detergent and hot water if washing cutlery and tableware.
- Clean frequently used indoor hard surfaces several times per day.
- We encourage everyone to bring their own water bottle, sun screen, exercise mats and equipment.
- Hand washing facilities and sanitiser will be at key points around the club. Please use them.
- Do not share Lifesaving equipment without sanitising first.
The Committee of Sandon Point Surf Life Saving Club is committed to ensuring that policies and procedures are in place to protect our members and guests from the risk of infection from COVID-19. We are not in a position at this stage to announce when Club activities will recommence.
It is the committees intention to provide our life saving, eduction, sports and social programs as normal, however we will be guided by NSW Health and always have the interest of the health and wellbeing of our members first in any decision making.